sábado, 18 de septiembre de 2010

Weekend Wonders

So, I think I have a thing for alliteration.  Oh well, they're fun.

Yesterday, I got up, went to class, did homework.  Yes, very ordinary.  I spent some time yesterday afternoon on MatLab, my computer programming stuff.  I really don't like computer programming, but I have to pass this class.  Went well, and I think I'm getting the basics.  Which, if I can manage, will be enough for me.

Last night was awesome.  Kelsey and Devi and I made chicken alfredo for dinner and had a great time cooking, eating, and talking.  Lots of fun stuff and I'm so glad God brought these amazing girls into my life!  Getting to know them has been an adventure that I'm throughly enjoying.

After dinner, we headed to the swing dance.  At 8, we did a lesson for beginners, which I still count myself as one.  I got to work with some of the guys from Crossroads, and it was awesome to get to know them better and help them take their first few steps along the swing dance path.  Very entertaining. 

Around 9ish, the real dance started and the fun began.  I got to dance with a lot of incredible guys!  I also got to meet some more of the Crossroads girls as we hung out between dances.  Learned some cool swing dance moves, some of which I could do again and some of which I can't.  Some of the better dancers I danced with lead some complicated stuff which was cool, but I couldn't repeat it.

So somewhere around midnight, Devi and I walked back to North Ave.  Much fun was had by all.  The walk was fun too, but we decided that next time we'll drive.  Much better than walking in the dark, especially when exhausted from dancing!

This morning I got up and drove back.  Fallon marched in the Suwannee Day Parade with her ROTC.  Very cool.  She looked spiffy.  We watched the rest of the parade, then came on home.  Momma and Daddy went to the boothes before I got there and I didn't have that much of an interest.

We spent the afternoon just chilling.  I did some homework.  Momma and Fallon are trying to beat Halo Reach on the xbox.  Very interesting sounds coming from the living room :).

Daddy took me on a motorcycle ride!  Awesome!  We just rode up and over the Dam and back.  We stopped back by Blockbuster to get a movie, so we technically had a purpose to our drive.  We got Prince of Persia, so I'll have to let you know what I think of it later.

For now, I've got some more homework to do while the noodles cook.  Then dinner and a movie with the family.  Tomorrow's going to be a full day too, but I'll leave that for then.

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Loren!

    I just saw that you are following my blog, and thought I'd check out yours. I have some more interesting stuff from the summer of 09, when I was in Tokyo, if you want to look.

    Glad you had fun at the dance! Swing dances are the bomb. Too bad I couldn't stay and dance the whole time with you guys. (BTW, the dinner was so good- such a good idea - we should do it more often).

    Anyway, I'll see you soon, friend. You can make it!

    ResponderBorrar