domingo, 13 de febrero de 2011

Best Weekend I've Had in a While

So, I'm now convinced. Tech weekends are worth sticking around for :). No, Mom, moving away from home wasn't as scary as I thought. Especially not with friends like these.

After school on Friday, I got a little nervous. Yes, I'm 20 years old, in my third year of college, and I still go home every weekend. But not this one.
We went dancing Friday night. I know you've heard me say this before, but I love dancing. Friday night was swing dancing. I have a new definition of the word "dizzy"... Dance with a guy that likes twirls, have him spin you 15 times ... in a row... then dance with Chris Becker. If I were sane, life wouldn't be so much fun.

On Saturday, I got up and did a little work. Then we went out for Chinese. 13 of us, to be exact. It was so much fun and reminded me of actually being in China again. Lots of conversation and opportunities for good natured teasing.
Saturday evening, another dance! Contra this time. Imagine swing and square dancing squashed together. A lot of fun because we got to change up dance partners so often and learn some new things and dance in new formations. We all agreed that it was pretty awesome.
After that, we went out to Waffle House. Yes, the dance ended at midnight. We're college kids in a big city... But let's just say that we were all kinda weird that late. Jason, Nathan, David, Jim, Kelsey and I sat together and ribbed each other. I've never really gotten to know Nathan or Jason much, so it was a new opportunity. I've been talking to David and Jim more, but still crazy fun. Then Kelsey... she's always a wild one.
So we didn't get back until two in the morning. :)

Sunday, I got up and cleaned my apartment some. Jim made breakfast, so Kelsey and I went over. Apparently, I was a bad Southerner cuz I didn't like grits. Jim changed my mind :). I also ate eggs in a way I never do. Quite the extraordinary breakfast for me.
We went to church. No, we didn't get lost, dispite Nathan's dire predictions. We even made it mostly on time. I enjoyed the church and the sermon was especially convicting.
Home for a little homework before dance class. I learned some super cool new moves! One of which I really like cuz it's pretty easy but looks really complicated. It also involves twirling, which I love. And, best of all, the guy gets to spin too. So it's not just a "here, do this crazy spin while I stand here awkwardly..." type move from his point of view.
Then back to the apartment for a few last minute clean (vaccuming...). Then people showed up for dinner and the Passion video. We had chilli, corn bread, and salad. Jim brought yummy bread and Devi made dessert. We listened to Francis Chan's message and discussed.
Apparently, next time we have to have a bread baking competition. And something about learning to braid hair. Of course, Nathan wants to add something more manly. Jim thinks baking is manly. Me? I'm all for a manliness competition and baking! Best of both worlds.

Now, I'm off to bed. Not much productive will come out of this tired body tonight. So I'll get up and make the morning productive.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario