miércoles, 27 de octubre de 2010

The Sound of Silence

"In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence."
~The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

Okay, so this song doesn't really have much to do with right now, other than the silence part. But its in my head, so I'm quoting it.

Of course, being me, I do find it quite interesting that the neon light touched the sound of silence. Light is perceived with the sense of sight. Silence is perceived with the sense of sound. They can't really touch. But it is interesting imagery, and gives a vivid mental picture. At least, it does for me.

In other news, I've finally sort of caught up with my homework. I'm done with what's due tomorrow. I have some Dynamics due Friday, and a project rough draft to work on. So I've still got more to do. Plus, its almost time to sign up for classes for next semester, so I needs must get a handle on that. Strangely, all my classes are at the SAME TIME! Very frustrating because I'm not Hermione, and I can't be in two places at once.

Tomorrow is Thursday, which is a day I like. Probably mostly because of Crossroads and those amazing people. Then Friday and the weekend, including two dances and time with a ton of superduper people. And spagetti. Mustn't forget the spagetti. With Devi's brownies. Oh, so very excited.

Now I'm sitting, watching Tequila laze around his tank and staring at the computer screen. I need to work, but I'm so tired of doing homework. I want to pull out my story and edit, open a book and read, go into the kitchen and eat, but I can't.

Maybe some hot tea will cut the not-really-hungry-yet-starving sensation. Perhaps I will try :).

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario